Ellyn E. Nesbit specializes in civil appeals. Ms. Nesbit has been certified by the California State Bar as an Appellate Specialist. Ms. Nesbit has handled a number of appeals in various practice areas, including insurance coverage, probate, business, and legal malpractice. Ms. Nesbit also has extensive experience in handling insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, including commercial general liability, professional liability/errors and omissions coverage, homeowners and automobile coverage issues.
Honors & Awards
- Certified Appellate Specialist
- Mensa, member. Membership in Mensa can only be obtained by achieving a top-level score on a Mensa-approved I.Q. test.
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2013 – Present
- Northern California Super Lawyer, 2013 – Present
Professional/ Community Activities
- Admitted to the California State Bar, 1988
- Admitted to the 9th Circuit and all Federal District Courts in California
- Appellate Courts Committee of the Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Co-Chair with Sixth District Appellate Justice, 2010-2011 and 2011-2012
- Panelist for various continuing legal education seminars on appellate practice
Ms. Nesbit’s other interests involve outdoor activities, including road biking, running, and hiking. She is also interested in gourmet cooking.
- J. D., University of Florida College of Law, 1988
- M.B.A Business Administration, University of Florida, 1988
- B.A., Milligan College, 1983