Bradley A. Bening’s practice focuses on the areas of business litigation, insurance, real estate, construction, intellectual property, corporate and partnership disputes, and professional liability. He also has an active practice serving as a mediator, special master and arbitrator, and conducts 75 to 100 mediations per year and has successfully mediated more than 700 matters.
Local courts frequently call on him to mediate or act as special master in cases which present unique or complex challenges to case management and resolution. Please click here to read about Mr. Bening’s mediation expertise and experience.
Mr. Bening has specialized in multifaceted insurance matters, business and construction for nearly a decade. Prior to cofounding Willoughby, Stuart, Bening & Cook, he was with the law firm Hoge, Fenton, Jones & Appel, where he was a shareholder.
He is an avid mountain biker, skier, kayaker and swimmer.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2006 – Present
- Northern California Super Lawyer, 2005 – Present
- Best Lawyers, San Jose Insurance Law “Lawyer of the Year,” 2012
- “Lifetime Commitment to the Theater,” San Jose Children’s Musical Theatre, 2011
- Metro magazine, Best Litigator in Silicon Valley, 2011
- AV-Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Bening Family Courtyard and Play Space, Dedication to Bening Family
- Children’s Musical Theater of San Jose, Mentor Adult Member, 1994 – Present
- Community Housing Developers, a Large Non-Profit Developer of Affordable Housing, Board Member, 1988 – Present
- Association of Defense Council, Member
- American Cancer Society, Board Member
- Artsopolis, Board Member
- California State Bar Association, Member
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Member
- J. D., University of California at Davis School of Law, 1982
- B.A., Political Science, California State University, Chico, 1978
- Honors: Cum Laude, Highest Honors